RDX Freestanding Punching Bag Review: a solid option for beginners and advanced fighters alike. But if you’re on a budget, I suggest going for the Dripex Freestanding Punching Bag
With over 17 years of martial arts experience, I’ve always been pleasantly surprised by RDX Sports. They’re one of the UK’s most popular combat sports and fitness gear manufacturers. Regardless of your needs, RDX usually has you covered. And if you’re looking for equipment to practice sports like boxing, Muay Thai, or MMA, the RDX Freestanding Punching Bag is a great option.
The RDX Freestanding Punching Bag is a simple yet effective freestanding punching bag. It has very good build quality, dense foam padding, and an extra-wide moveable stable foundation. It’s excellent for people of all ages and levels, so if you’re starting with martial arts or are an experienced fighter looking for a new bag, this is the one for you.
The RDX Standing Punching Bag uses the Octa-Truss Technology, a patent-pending design by RDX. It consists of eight extensible legs and seventeen suction cups for a stable base and solid stability. In addition to its strong foundation, it has a polypropylene base that can be filled with either 120 kg of sand or 80 kg of water. That way it won’t fall over when you hit it.
This freestanding punching bag features a durable exterior made from Maya Hide Leather with anti-tear nylon lining and reinforced dual stitching. The interior contains high-density foam for maximum protection against impacts caused by strikes or kicks.
The RDX Freestanding Punching Bag comes in seven colors to find the perfect fit for your needs. It consists of high-quality materials that will last for years without breaking down on you or wearing out quickly—you’ll get plenty of use out of this sturdy piece of equipment before having to replace it.
But like everything in life, it comes with its pros and cons that buyers should evaluate before making a purchase.
- Easy to install
- Perfect for high and low strikes due to its 35cm massive extra-wide punch bag
- Premium built quality made with Maya Hide Leather
- Solid stability supported by RDX Patent Pending Octa-Truss Technology (8 sliders & 17 heavy-duty suction cups)
- Excellent portability and great adaptability
- More expensive than hanging a punching bag
- Less emphasis on footwork during practice
- Sturdy Foundation: Equipped with the RDX’s Patent Pending Octa-Truss Technology, the freestanding punching bag stabilizes with eight extendable legs plus 17 suction cups. With the filling funnel, 120 kg of sand or 80 kg of water may be added to the stunning 57 cm high and 65 cm in diameter Polypropylene base with a connector.
- Exceptional Durability: This RDX product uses high-density foam padding and multiple layers of the best and most durable Maya Hide Leather, which provides outstanding durability. It is also reinforced with anti-tear nylon lining and reinforced dual stitching for maximum protection against substantial impact. It is perfect for everyone practising boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, or kickboxing, including beginners, amateurs, and professionals.
- Maximum Impact Protection: The RDX’s Dense Foam Protector improves the striking surface of the punching bag. High-density foam fills the interior to provide the maximum protection possible from blows or kicks. A technologically designed shock-absorbing connector with a thickly padded grip can withstand the heaviest fighting while also reducing noise and shock and preventing excessive swaying and tilting.
- Very good resistance: Due to its 35cm massive extra-wide punch bag and 181cm towering height, the RDX Freestanding Punching Bag is the most oversized freestanding punching bag on the market. It aims to give you the room you require to throw punches and kicks when practising martial arts like boxing, MMA, and kickboxing at home, at work, or in the garage.
The RDX Freestanding Punching Bag has benefits that can aid users, whether amateurs or professionals, in reaching their desired training or simple exercise goals.
- It is easy to set up and store. You can quickly assemble the RDX Freestanding Punching Bag by following the instructions. The instructions also make it very easy to break down and keep away when you finish working out for the day.
- It is portable and requires less space than other punching bags. You can take your RDX Freestanding Punching Bag with you when traveling or even keep it in your home to have something convenient to work out with at any time.
- Its very soft padding means your knuckles will thank you after long workouts with it. The RDX’s Dense Foam Protector does not only make the punching bag protected from any powerful impacts, but it also protects the hands of the user. Your hands should feel noticeably different if you have used this RDX product for a long time compared to training with a harder punching bag.
- It’s got a very good base, making it ideal for practising low kicks and punches. The RDX Freestanding Punching Bag gives you the chance and confidence to improve your low kicks or punches techniques, especially if you are practicing Muay Thai.
The RDX Freestanding Punching Bag has some disadvantages to consider, however. Most of the issues with this bag are relatively minor and easy to overlook, but it’s still worth knowing about them.
- First, the suction cups on the bottom are not stable on carpeted floors. Sometimes they can lift if you hit too hard or kick at them while in motion. If you’re not careful, this can lead to injuries, so play it safe when using this punching bag.
- Another issue is that filling all that sand through such a small hole is difficult, even with a filling funnel. Therefore, use caution while adding sand to the base of this freestanding punching bag because it may spill out.
- Finally, some users had problems with the base. The substantial impacts during several months of heavy use appear to have resulted in some cracks on the base in some models. So after each usage, you must check the product’s base to ensure it is still functional and intact.
One piece of advice is to inspect every component of your product as soon as you receive it to look for defects and notify the seller immediately for a replacement.
If the RDX Freestanding Punching Bag isn’t quite the right fit for you, there are other freestanding punching bags in the market to consider. If you are looking for an affordable freestanding punching bag with almost the same quality and benefits as RDX Freestanding Punching Bag, then you should check the following:
Budget Alternative: Dripex Freestanding Punching Bag
The Dripex Freestanding Punching Bag is an excellent alternative if you are considering your budget because it comes at a lower price than the RDX product. A rounded ABS base tank with 12 strong suction cups designed for easy roll relocation on any floor in a house or workplace is included with this Dripex product.
The Dripex Freestanding Punching Bag comprises tough 2mm thicker PU Leather and high-density EPE foam, which provides fast rebound and tear resistance when receiving powerful strikes. It also contains a Dual TPU absorber with four springs for its enhanced Shock and Noise Absorbing System, just like the FITVEN Product.
The FITVEN Freestanding Punching Bag is another excellent punching bag to consider aside from the RDX freestanding punching. It is a complete package of boxing equipment with a punching bag and high-quality boxing gloves. The FITVEN product stands tall like the RDX product, allowing the user to throw strikes intended for the complete range of the body.
The FITVEN Freestanding Punching Bag comes with a shock and noise absorbing system made possible by its Dual TPU absorbers with four springs. It offers robust stability with the help of its 5MM thick ABS round base with 12 suction cups. The high-density EPE foam, 2mm Premium PU Leather, and multi-layer construction of this FITVEN product make it tear-resistant and quick to rebound.
The RDX Freestanding Punching Bag is a great way to work on your martial arts skills and improve your fitness. It’s reinforced with premium quality materials to provide rugged protection against powerful impact and to offer a safe response to the user’s hands and feet. The patent pending Octa-Truss Technology of RDX Sports adds to the product’s sturdy build and stabilization.
The RDX Freestanding Punching Bag is portable and easy to set up, making it ideal for those who want an affordable solution that doesn’t take up much space in their garage or home gym. It is a knuckle-friendly punching bag and will help you practice and develop your low-kicking and punching techniques. This freestanding punching bag will offer plenty of challenges and give you hours of fun.
It’s time to get in shape, and the RDX Freestanding Punching Bag is here to help you do it. It can help to improve your strength and cardio while also helping you develop better reflexes and coordination. Practising your martial arts techniques will be fun!
You might also like:
The Best Heavy Bag Gloves
Dripex Freestanding Punching Bag Review
The Best Outdoor Punching Bag
The Best Sparring Gloves
The Best 16 oz Boxing Gloves
The Best Boxing Gloves
The Best Kickboxing Gloves
The Best Muay Thai Gloves
The Best Boxing Shoes